Saturday, January 31, 2009

Scramble du Jour


After making Erik an exquisitely crafted omelet, I went to make myself one and thought I would try a new technique for making them, which involved vigorously moving the eggs around in the pan for the first 30 seconds before letting it "set up." Unfortunately, my spatula scraped all the butter off the bottom of my pan in this process and the eggs stuck in a way that made it impossible to flip out. Oh well, egg scramble it is! Really, is there anything more satisfying to eat on a weekend morning than eggs with various yummy additions hot out of the pan with some toast? This morning I had on hand some scallions, ham and cheese. It was delicious. I actually prefer just scrambling in the ingredients instead of making the omelet structure because 1) it's easier and takes less babying 2) you can make a bigger batch if you've got a crowd 3) I like eating my scrambled eggs ON my toast- no utensils required. I started this in college and it's just stuck. Of course I have always eaten my friend eggs on my toast, but with a fork and knife ;)
Now I just have to go back and figure out that new omelet technique- or not, and stick to my old one which yielded a beautiful dish for Erik (but I didn't get a picture of it before it was devoured).

No comments:

Post a Comment