Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pork Chops and Apple Sauce


Do you smell what Barak is cookin'? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Tonight for dinner I made some really tender, juicy pork chops with homemade apple sauce. For sides I made baked sweet potato and a green salad.
I seasoned the pork chops with salt, Herbs de Provence and garlic powder, then cooked them in some olive oil in my All-Clad pan (love it!). They browned up beautifully and the seasoning was excellent. For the apple sauce, I just chopped 3 apples (two Macs and one Fuji) and put them in a small sauce pan to cook with some brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice until the apples are soft. I use a potato masher to finish it off, leaving a very chunky texture. The sweet from the apple sauce mixed with the savory chops is a great combination- no wonder it's a classic. Maybe not the prettiest dish ever... kind of a celebration of brown on the plate, but very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment