Monday, January 19, 2009

Blueberry Crisp



Blueberries were on sale at this week and I couldn't resist. They were very sweet and delicious. Erik and I had planned on watching the football championship games after Keagan went to bed, so I decided on a sweet treat to go with it! Pie required a crust, which I was just not up for, so I decided on blueberry crisp. Some sugar, flour, spices, oats and butter made up the topping. To finish it off, a little vanilla ice cream and whipped cream (yes, from a can, I didn't make it myself for such a small occasion).

The result: It was slightly watery when we scooped into it- so hard to gage how much flour you will actually need with fresh produce. It did gel up a bit when it fully cooled, but we wanted it warm in the bowl with the cold ice cream. The flavor was fantastic. The berries were really good and the cinnamon and nutmeg I added gave it just the right amount of spice. Quite winter treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment