Monday, April 20, 2009

BBQ Sauce Salmon


I don't remember where I got the idea to do this for salmon, but I know I've been making it for several years and when salmon is on sale and looking good in the case, I often go back to it. All it is is a salmon filet with some bottled BBQ sauce slathered on it. I put it in the toaster oven (skin side down) at about 350 for maybe 20 minutes (depending on the size of the piece of fish) until it's just opaque in the center. Usually, the skin will stick just a bit to the pan, which I do on purpose because then you can slide a spatula in between the fish meat and the skin, taking the meat off the skin in one piece for serving. This is a preference of mine, the skin is edible (as long as the scales have been removed), but in this preparation, it doesn't really crisp up and I just find it chewy and unappealing. If skin's your thing though- go for it!
This preparation is simple, fast, makes little mess (especially with a foil lined toaster oven pan) and of course, tasty. Some may argue that the BBQ sauce overpowers the fish, but if you don't lather it on too thick, I rather enjoy the tangy, sweet flavor addition and think the salmon can still hold it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment