Sunday, February 15, 2009

Vacation



We went on vacation to North Conway, NH with 8 of our close friends and 3 kids this past week, so I haven't been blogging, but now I'm doing some catch-up! Cooking for a crowd was interesting on vacation with an ill-equipped kitchen, but we managed. We used things like stock pots for mixing bowls and had a couple close calls on our fingers with a glass cutting board and terrible knives. Luckily, there was no blood shed. The first dinner was a classic, budget-friendly pasta with meat sauce and some sauteed cauliflower on the side for a little extra veggie. We also did a cheese fondue night with homemade rolls courtesy of Liza and Joe who own Bay Burger restaurant and make great bread. That was quite a treat. Not yet my forte as working with yeast still intimidates me, but I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment