Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Indoor Grilling


The Winter weather has been dragging me down a bit lately and I wanted some Summertime feeling, so I made some steak on our indoor grill. We use a charcoal grill outside and I just didn't have the ambition to be out in the cold for that process. I prepped the meat by leaving it out of the fridge for an hour or so before cooking to bring it up in temperature and avoid a burned outside and raw inside since it was a thick steak. Then I sprinkled both sides with kosher salt, garlic powder and steak seasoning. You have to know your own indoor grill to know how long to cook it- they are all different. Mine is just a plug it in and when the light goes off it's ready kind, so I can't adjust he heat myself. For that, it was about 8 minutes total. After cooking, I let it rest under some aluminum foil for 10-15 minutes before slicing. A very hard step to do when it looks so tasty right off the grill, but don't skip it! All the glorious juice will come running out of the steak and ruin the finished product. The end result was not quite as good as a charcoal grill steak, but it certainly warmed me up on a cold Winter evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment