Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Slow-Cooker Chicken: Mexican Style



A friend emailed me an easy slow cooker recipe for a Mexican pulled chicken dish. I was so happy to get some other ideas for the slow cooker which I mostly use for pot roast or beef stew (which, let's be honest are almost the same thing). The recipe is this: 4 chicken breasts, a jar of salsa, a can of black beans, and a can of corn. Dump in the slow cooker until the chicken shreds with a fork. I used a pineapple salsa which added a nice sweetness to the spiciness. I also used some frozen corn instead of canned corn. It took about 3 hours for the chicken to be easily shredded. I served it on a tortilla with some lettuce, scallions and cheese.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this after Thanksgiving!! Looks wonderful!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds amazing! I wrote it down. It's a must try! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete