Saturday, March 20, 2010

Best. French toast. Ever.



I splurged on an expensive loaf of cinnamon swirl bread from Idylwilde. I've bought this before. It is sooooooo good. It's made within a couple days of purchase at the most and the ingredient list on the label has only a handful on things- mostly flour, eggs and cinnamon. I decided to use it for french toast this weekend and it was phenomenal. I sliced it thick and let it soak in my egg and half and half mixture (which also had a splash of vanilla extract added to it) for about an hour before putting it on the griddle. The end result was super flavorful and like a soft custard on the inside. Fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes! That looks amazing. That's some pretty bread, too - I love the swirlies from the cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete