Friday, September 18, 2009

Tilapia


The prices of fish at the market have been hard to swallow sometimes, but I know fish is good for us and so I branched out recently into a new kind that I had never cooked before- tilapia. I went online to find research recipes and learned it was a whitefish much like cod, so that helped. I decided to go it on my own after reading up a bit, and I seasoned it with salt and Old Bay, then dusted it with flour and cooked it in a frying pan with some olive oil. When it was golden on both sides, I took it out and then put some butter in the same pan, some fresh squeezed lemon juice, and a bunch of fresh sage leaves (because I happen to have plenty ready to pick in my herb garden) hand torn, and a little salt and pepper. Cooked that sauce for a minute and poured it over the fish. Voila! I even got a little fancy with a lemon wedge garnish... oohh la la! Tilapia filets are not large so they are perfect portion sizes AND cook quickly. I think I'll be back for more next time I see them at the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment