Monday, September 21, 2009

Ode to Orzo


Since I made the orzo salad with spinach, feta and tomatoes, I have been using orzo in other applications because Erik expressed a liking for it and I think it's fun. It's like the marriage of rice and pasta and opens up applications you could use either of those starches in.
For this dinner I added a can of cream of mushroom soup, a little milk (just to thin out the condensed soup a bit, not as much as is called for for soup- we're not making soup here, after all) and fresh spinach to the orzo along with some Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. You could certainly add some chicken to boost it up a notch too, but I thought it was pretty hearty on its own and I'm always happy to find some other dishes I can make for vegetarian friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment