Monday, August 31, 2009

When life gives you 90 degree heat and humidity...


make lemonade! Or in this case, lemon-limeade, because I had some limes that were on their way out. I like mine really strong- the kind where you are left sucking your cheeks together after a gulp, so there are lots of lemons and limes in this one pitcher. Then it's just a matter of how much sweet you want to add in the form of simple syrup (equal parts sugar and hot water to dissolve the sugar).
You know those silly hypothetical questions like "if you could bring one _____ to a desert island, what would it be?" Well, lemonade might be the drink I'd bring. I swear, if I didn't think I would eventually burn a hole in my esophagus (and gain weight on the sugar) I would drink it all the time. Although, it is easier to savor as a special treat. This batch, really hit the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment