Thursday, June 25, 2009

Local Flavors


Despite the abysmal weather we have been experiencing, there are some local products starting to hit the market and making me quite happy. Keagan and I went to a local farm for strawberries, honey and ice cream. I wish this blog was equipped to let you smell these berries because they are spectacular. The honey is from local bees, and is supposed to help people with seasonal allergies if you eat it (has to be _raw_ and local though). So we're testing out that theory, at least for Erik. I'm not a big allergy sufferer, I just like honey. Simple as it sounds, fresh strawberries and honey on toast makes for a delightful meal. The Maynard Farmer's Market is opening this weekend and I am looking forward to what else the farmers have been able to make grow in this dreary weather. Surprisingly, we've had our own luck getting a pumpkin seed to grow outside and are hoping we may get a home-grown Halloween pumpkin this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment